Did you type all that up? And were there any screens or anything? Scans or pictures would be nice.
Does that mean these new dice blocks are the new item system? Does that mean we went from Items > Orbs > Candies > Hexes > Dice Blocks? I just want my normal items back.
I typed it. I don't have a scanner (even if I did I wouldn't scan the page and post it, not a big fan of posting NA Scans, people should support gaming magazines).
Friend of the site RMC over at GoNintendo typed up a summary of the article:
- instead of moving around the stage separately, all players ride together in a vehicle
- only the player who is taking a turn gets the rewards
- collect as many Mini Stars as possible before the end
- earn them by landing on special spaces and playing mini-games
- purple mini Zstars remove stars from your inventory
- variety of dice: high number dice, dice that only roll 0 and 1
- board details: Toad Road has a broken bridge that cannot be jumped unless all players roll a sufficiently high number
- if you fall off the bridge, you enter a Mini Ztar-filled canyon
- Bob-omb Factory is littered with conveyer belts that change your course
- each board has a miniboss and a final boss
- in Bob-omb Factory, fight against a giant Whomp
- each player stands on a rotating platform while attempting to avoid being flattened by the stone creature
- mini-games include memory games (quickly count a horde of Goombas as they rush into their homes) to tests of your button-pressing skills (tap the proper buttons to climb a mountain) to more-physical activities (swing the Wii Remote to throw toppings on a pizza)
@VSM I know, I e-mailed Kevin it